The red and blue fruit colors showing through the lattice crust make a great patriotic presentation for any 4th of July celebration.—Cathi Henke, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- 2 cups fresh tart cherries, pitted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with fruit mixture and dot with butter. Make a lattice crust with remaining pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Beat egg and water; brush over lattice top.
- Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Berry Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p32
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry-Berry Fruit Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review