Cherry Bavarian Cream Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups pitted tart red or bing cherries
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the egg yolks, sugar and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe dish, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into egg mixture; tint with food coloring if desired.
- 3. Set bowl over larger bowl filled with ice water. As soon as the cooked mixture begins to set up, fold in the cream and cherries. Pour into 2-qt. serving bowl and refrigerated 4-6 hours or overnight. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 239 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Bavarian Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.