Cherry Bavarian Cream Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups pitted tart red or bing cherries
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the egg yolks, sugar and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe dish, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into egg mixture; tint with food coloring if desired.
- 3. Set bowl over larger bowl filled with ice water. As soon as the cooked mixture begins to set up, fold in the cream and cherries. Pour into 2-qt. serving bowl and refrigerated 4-6 hours or overnight. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Bavarian Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.