Cherry Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over top. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Bars(46)
Sort By :
Loved these! Really easy to make. I was concerned when I started them that it was going to be too thin on the pan but they turned out great.
Cut sugar to 1 cup and sub with 1 cup of finely chopped pecans.
These were not bad, but were dense with no leavening and just didn't seem quite right. Might be worth trying to add some baking powder because the flavor was pretty good apart from it had a slight eggy flavor.
These are wonderful, I made them for our Thurs. night Bible Study and everyone loved them and asked for the recipe. I have to say this is the best recipe I have gotten in a long time.
These are delicious! I sprinkled with powdered sugar instead of making the icing - wonderful! Big hit on Valentine's Day..