Cherry Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until cherries are tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Cherry Barbecue Sauce(5)
Sort By :
Very good & different! Used frozen cherries & added some chopped jalepenos for some extra zip!
living in Wisconsin I am always looking for recipes with Cherries - awesome and easy
Purchased the Taste of Home Grill It cookbook and this was one of the recipes I've tried. Made a double batch with fresh bing cherries. The only change made was adding a little kick of heat with an Italian red pepper. EXCELLENT on BBQ whole chicken breast. Will be making an another double batch and canning for future use.
Amazing flavor! So good on chicken or ribs. This is going to be one of my all time favorite recipes!
Absolutely incredible. I like it a little spicy, so i added some sweet hot Asian pepper sauce to it. Finger licking goodness.