- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Place the ribs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, Liquid Smoke if desired, garlic powder and pepper; pour over ribs. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves and molasses. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cherry-Barbecue Pork Ribs
Sort By :
"Never thought preserves would make such delicious ribs but it DID! I like short ribs better than baby back, etc. because they are more meaty. This is a keeper!"
"If you see my ratings, I base them on my picky husband. I thought this was pretty good, though he didn't. I think it's a preference...which is why I only gave 3 stars. Unlike some of the other dishes where I've used peach preserves over chicken or even raspberry sauce...the cherry preserve flavor is what didn't work for my husband...who has liked the others. It's a personal thing so I would urge others to try this recipe, just in case they absolutely love it! I also didn't have the liquid smoke on hand and wonder if that would have made the difference for him."
"My family loved this recipe. I was not sure about microwaving the ribs but they were so tender and the sauce was delicious. It was very easy and I had all the ingredients on hand except the Liquid Smoke, which I omitted since it was optional."