Cherry Banana Mini Loaves
This recipe has been passed down from my mom's mother. The addition of chocolate chips and dried cherries makes it stand out from ordinary banana bread. These are terrific gifts from the kitchen.
Diane Doll, West Bend, Wisconsin
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and banana; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the nuts, chips and cherries.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 350° for 32-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.