This recipe has been passed down from my mom's mother. The addition of chocolate chips and dried cherries makes it stand out from ordinary banana bread. These are terrific gifts from the kitchen. —Diane Doll, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and banana; mix well. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in the nuts, chips and cherries.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 32-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves.
Originally published as Cherry Banana Mini Loaves in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p55
Reviews for Cherry Banana Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review