Cherry Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large firm banana, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup halved maraschino cherries
- Whipped topping, chocolate curls and additional maraschino cherries
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of butter; stir in wafer crumbs. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, cream the remaining butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Spread over crust.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the walnuts, banana and maraschino cherries.
- 3. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate curls and cherries. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cherry Banana Cream Pie
"Our family and friends love this. . . absolutely delicious. It is also good using pecans instead of walnuts."
"I don't like chocolate. Can anyone suggest a substitute for the 2 TBS baking cocoa in this recipe? Or can I just leave it out?"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.