Cherry Balsamic Pork Loin
After having a wonderful cherry Brie topping from a local market, I just knew I had to create one for pork. If you're really crazy about cherries, add even more to the slow cooker. —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil
- over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix preserves,
- cherries, vinegar and brown sugar until blended; pour over roast.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until tender (a thermometer
- inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes
- before slicing. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve pork with sauce.
- Yield: 8 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked pork with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 359 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.