Cherry Balsamic Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- 2. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix preserves, cherries, vinegar and brown sugar until blended; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- 3. Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve pork with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce).
5 ounces cooked pork with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 359 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.