- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix preserves, cherries, vinegar and brown sugar until blended; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve pork with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cherry Balsamic Pork Loin
"This is a great way to dress up a pork roast with very little effort. The sauce is delicious, though I would add some cornstarch next time to thicken it up, since it came out pretty runny after the long cooking time."
"Made this for dinner tonight and my husband and I both loved it!! Will definitely make it again! Great company dinner. I did use craisins and they were wonderful, but I may try cherries next time."
"Amazingly good! Seared on stove, added lemon zest to sauce & used sour cherries. No slow cooker, Finished in oven. Planning on making this next dinner party."
"Made this for a 75th birthday celebration. Received several compliments. I sliced the meat after rest period, spooned some sauce over meat, covered, sat in warm oven to keep warm. Then, I added a little more brown sugar to remaining sauce and heated on stove to melt sugar. Served it along side of meat. Most people spooned sweeter sauce over meat. Sauce was excellent, I just preferred it to be slightly sweeter. Served with cheesy potato casserole, green beans, salad. And, of course, birthday cake and ice cream. Will definitely make again. Great for company, Christmas or Easter. Great for a special everyday meal. Roast was very tender, juicy."
"I was very disappointed in this dish. It was very blah! Followed direction exactly, just not much flavor. May doctor it up & try again."