Cherry Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in beef.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 189 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Baked Beans
"Loved the taste of the baked beans. Great for a summer side dish when cherries are in season. Easy to make."
"yes, this recipe was fast and easy but i found the taste only average. i thought the cherries would bring a different taste, but i could not say the addition added to the flavor"
"This recipe is too oniony for me. Tried to tone it down by adding some molasses and brown sugar. Hubby said was just "ok". Will stick with my own recipe."
"This is a great recipe. We actually had it as a main dish, not a side. I used 1 1/2c of dried cherries as I wasn't sure if 2c would be too much. I also used an 28oz. can of vegetarian baked beans. Definitely a keeper."
"Am looking forward to making this recipe BUT- my dad will not eat anything with onions. Any suggestions as to what to substitue for the onion soup mix?"
"This recipe was excellent! Loved the flavors. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Made this twice, and have had tons of rave reviews. I used my home canned cherries and it worked great."
"I took it to a cookout with friends and they loved it but I could not find the frozen tart cherries anywhere. Where do I buy them? I used a can of tart cherries instead but one can was only 1-1/2 c. instead of the 2 c. the recipe called for. Can anyone help?"