Cherry Baked Beans
Here's a perfect dish to bring to a family reunion or any get-together. It's fast and easy to prepare, and you won't ever have to worry about bringing leftovers home…because there won't be any! —Margaret L. Smith, Superior, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 189 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.