Cherry Baked Beans Recipe
Here's a perfect dish to bring to a family reunion or any get-together. It's fast and easy to prepare, and you won't ever have to worry about bringing leftovers home…because there won't be any! —Margaret L. Smith, Superior, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in beef.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup equals 189 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC