Here's a perfect dish to bring to a family reunion or any get-together. It's fast and easy to prepare, and you won't ever have to worry about bringing leftovers home…because there won't be any! —Margaret L. Smith, Superior, Wisconsin
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in beef.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Baked Beans in Country Extra July 2009, p49
Reviews for Cherry Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review