Cherry Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in beef.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Baked Beans(8)
Sort By :
Loved the taste of the baked beans. Great for a summer side dish when cherries are in season. Easy to make.
yes, this recipe was fast and easy but i found the taste only average. i thought the cherries would bring a different taste, but i could not say the addition added to the flavor
This recipe is too oniony for me. Tried to tone it down by adding some molasses and brown sugar. Hubby said was just "ok". Will stick with my own recipe.
This is a great recipe. We actually had it as a main dish, not a side. I used 1 1/2c of dried cherries as I wasn't sure if 2c would be too much. I also used an 28oz. can of vegetarian baked beans. Definitely a keeper.
Am looking forward to making this recipe BUT- my dad will not eat anything with onions. Any suggestions as to what to substitue for the onion soup mix?
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >