Cherry Angel Trifle Recipe
"Who can resist a light fluffy dessert with lots of tart cherry flavor?" asks Barbara Sherman of Homosassa, Florida. "It's lovely on the table."
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 angel food cake mix (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Dissolve gelatin in water; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle or serving bowl; top with half of the gelatin and pie filling. Repeat layers. Top with whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC