Cherry Angel Cake Roll Recipe
I keep up a fast pace at college but still like to entertain. These pretty party cakes require just a handful of ingredients, yet always seem to impress guests. Lisa Ruehlow of Madison, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with ungreased parchment paper. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Spread evenly in prepared pans. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto two kitchen towels dusted with 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off parchment paper. Roll up cakes in the towels jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cakes; spread each with 1 cup whipped topping to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine pie filling and extract; spread over whipped topping on each cake. Roll up again. Place each seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Slice; garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 2 cakes (8 slices each).
Originally published as Cherry Angel Cake Roll in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p31
Reviews for Cherry Angel Cake Roll(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cherry Cake >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >