Cherry Almond Tart Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 11 squares)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cracker crumbs and butter until crumbly. Beat in egg. Stir in chopped almonds.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 piece: 345 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Tart
"I have been making this recipe for years. It has become a holiday tradition and always gets rave reviews whenever I take it anywhere. Sometimes I skip the almonds and drizzle melted chocolate on top, but the crust is what makes it sooo yummy!"