Cherry Almond Tart
Connie Raterink uses on-hand ingredients, including canned pie filling and a cake mix, to create this dazzling dessert. "It's fast to fix, looks elegant and tastes delicious," informs the Caledonia, Michigan cook.
14-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 11 squares)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cracker crumbs and butter
- until crumbly. Beat in egg. Stir in chopped almonds.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread
- over crust. Top with pie filling. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 345 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.