Connie Raterink uses on-hand ingredients, including canned pie filling and a cake mix, to create this dazzling dessert. "It's fast to fix, looks elegant and tastes delicious," informs the Caledonia, Michigan cook.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 11 squares)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cracker crumbs and butter until crumbly. Beat in egg. Stir in chopped almonds.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Almond Tart in Quick Cooking December 2000, p34
Reviews for Cherry Almond Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2012
"I have been making this recipe for years. It has become a holiday tradition and always gets rave reviews whenever I take it anywhere. Sometimes I skip the almonds and drizzle melted chocolate on top, but the crust is what makes it sooo yummy!"