Cherry-Almond Streusel Tart Recipe
Brimming with fresh cherries and topped with a crunchy streusel, this tempting tart is a great way to end dinner on a sweet note. It's fast to fix, looks elegant and tastes delicious. &mdsah;Marion Lee, Mount Hope, Ontario
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 4 cups fresh tart cherries, pitted or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in cherries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour into crust.
- 3. For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and almonds. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 298 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Almond Streusel Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC