Cherry Almond Streusel Scones Recipe
My kids and I love to mix the ingredients together and turn out these delicious scones. The tart cherries and brown sugar and almond streusel complement the tender scones perfectly. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the cream, egg and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cherries. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- 2. For streusel, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over dough.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Streusel Scones
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2013
"Used cranberries instead of cherries. Good! Liked the streusel"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC