Cherry Almond Streusel Scones
My kids and I love to mix the ingredients together and turn out these delicious scones. The tart cherries and brown sugar and almond streusel compliment the tender scones perfectly. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the
- cream, egg and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until
- moistened. Stir in cherries. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat
- into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- For streusel, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt: cut