- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the cream, egg and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cherries. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- For streusel, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt: cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Cherry Almond Streusel Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p186
Reviews for Cherry Almond Streusel Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2013
"Used cranberries instead of cherries. Good! Liked the streusel"