Cherry Almond Snack Mix
Oat cereal, almonds, and dried cherries come together in a delicious snack. Brought to you by dLife®
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 cups oatmeal squares cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup dried cherries or golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan, combine cereal and almonds.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter, apple pie spice, and salt . Drizzle
- cereal mixture. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake 20 minutes or until almonds are toasted, stirring once during
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Add dried cherries and/or
- golden raisins.
- Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room
- temperature for up to 1 week.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 80 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/4 fruit,