- 2/3 cup reduced-fat stick margarine, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine, sugar substitute and honey. Beat in the egg and almond extract (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in almonds and cherries.
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Cherry-Almond Snack Cake
Sort By :
This is a moist and very flavorful snack cake. Would recommend finely chopping vs grinding the almonds. Was a hit at my weekly diet class.
I used regular sugar and butter in the amounts give. I added 1/4 tsp cherry extract to increase the cherry flavor. I thought about putting some mini chocolate chips in, but opted for drizzling some melted chocolate on top which makes them taste like a chocolate covered cherry. Delicious!
this recipe is very good and easy to make.
I am a diabetic and really enjoyed the taste of this Snack Cake. It seems like everything I make for the diabetic diet, the rest of my family does not, but they all enjoyed this one.
I love the cherry-almond scent of Jergen's lotion. When i baked this moist cake my whole house smelled delicious.