Cherry/Almond Quick Bread
This wonderful bread is great with coffee as a dessert or, as my husband likes it, with a glass of milk for a late-night snack. It's also easy to make.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Blend in extract. Combine dry
- ingredients; blend into creamed mixture alternately with the
- buttermilk. Stir in almonds and cherries. Pour into a greased and
- floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 70
- minutes or until loaf tests done. Remove from pan and cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 233 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.