Cherry Almond Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1. Place 3 tablespoons butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip 10 frozen dough rolls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the almonds and cherries.
- 2. Repeat with remaining rolls, almonds and cherries. Combine corn syrup and remaining butter; pour over cherries. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 2 hours. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 191 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cherry Almond Pull-Apart Bread
"Here, in the deep South we use pecans as a sub for the Almonds, coarsely chopped, at times instead of the Almonds ... Oh yeah!"
"This is one of my hubbies favorites. I had to adjust the recipe as we do not have frozenbread dough dinner rolls. Easy to make and fun too!"
"dried cranberries an dried cherries work well also, especially for diabetic eaters"