Cherry Almond Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
I recommend these rolls as a sweet treat for Christmas or Easter morning, or whenever you have overnight guests. When my son and son-in-law visit, they devour them almost before they hit the table. They're so yummy, gooey and good.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + rising YIELD:20 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1. Place 3 tablespoons butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip 10 frozen dough rolls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the almonds and cherries.
- 2. Repeat with remaining rolls, almonds and cherries. Combine corn syrup and remaining butter; pour over cherries. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 2 hours. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC