Cherry Almond Preserves Recipe
- 8 cups pitted sour cherries (about 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 10 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- In a stockpot, bring cherries and water to a boil; boil 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Stir in extract. Ladle hot mixture into 11 hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 11 half-pints.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Preserves
Sort By :
"This recipe is delicious. I get raves every time I make it. Sometimes I need to add another packet of pectin."
"delicious and thick enough to spread"
"When I have purchased cherries, they usually come in juice. For this recipe, does the 8 cups of cherries include the juice, or do they need to be drained?"