Cherry Almond Preserves Recipe
- 8 cups pitted sour cherries (about 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 10 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a stock pot, bring the cherries and water to a boil; boil for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes. Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Skim off foam.
- Carefully ladle into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 11 half-pints.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Preserves(3)
Sort By :
This recipe is delicious. I get raves every time I make it. Sometimes I need to add another packet of pectin.
delicious and thick enough to spread
When I have purchased cherries, they usually come in juice. For this recipe, does the 8 cups of cherries include the juice, or do they need to be drained?