Cherry Almond Pie Recipe
- 4 cups pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 2/3 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice. To the juice, add the cherries, sugar, butter and salt. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cherry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in the almond extract and food coloring if desired. Cool.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 436 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Pie
"Great recipe for traditional cherry pie"
"This is the exact recipe my Mom always made and also the first pie I made when I got married 51 years ago, its been in our family a very long time~never fails to make for "Happy""
"This came out in the 1996 Collector's Edition and I've used it ever since. It's the best cherry pie recipe!!"
"This is a classic cherry pie recipe that is very good. I think the name is confusing it does not contain almonds just almond extract which every cherry pie recipe has."