Cherry Almond Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves, warmed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the egg, sour cream and extract until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a saucepan over low heat, warm preserves. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds.
- 3. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Divide cream cheese filling and preserves evenly among muffin cups; swirl gently. Cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with topping.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 7 muffins.
1 jumbo muffin: 684 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Cherry Almond Muffins
"These were wonderful! Since it was my first time making them I had some difficulty...I filled the muffin tins half full but I didn't have quite enough batter for the top. So, next time I'd fill them alittle less than half to start and take another reviews suggestion and pat the top of the muffins and pat them into a disk before I topped them. For the filling I didn't have cherry so I used strawberry preserved-it was awesome! They were wonderful muffins!"
"This is a very yummy muffin. Will definitely make it again."
"I have made this twice now and it is amazing. The best muffin I have ever had. Batter is almost like dough so I just pat small amount in bottom of each muffin hole, do filling, then pat out little disk of dough and place on top. It makes 9 regular size muffins. I fill to the top of hole and pile on crumbs. It does not raise much so that works perfect. Just make sure you take them out of tin after 4 or 5 minutes of cooling. I have left over cheesecake batter so each time so I make 2 little cheesecakes in the muffin tin too. These muffins are worth the extra time and effort."
"ACTUALLY, I want to try this recipe-I never made it before, but I can gurantee that it will be good!"
"Love this recipe. Also make it as a coffee cake. Awesome!"