- the egg, sour cream and extract until smooth; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until
- smooth. In a saucepan over low heat, warm preserves. For topping,
- combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until
- crumbly. Stir in almonds.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Divide cream
- cheese filling and preserves evenly among muffin cups; swirl gently.
- Cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 7 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 jumbo muffin equals 684 calories, 36 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.