Cherry Almond Mousse Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chopped chocolate, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and the chocolate until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- 2. Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Beat in pudding mix and remaining extract. Fold in whipped cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds.
- 3. Pour over pie. Chill 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and, if desired, chopped chocolate. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece (calculated without chopped chocolate): 469 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
"This pie is fabulous! I have made this for pot-lucks and family holiday events and it is always a hit. I use the slivered (sliced) almonds and lightly toast them."
"this is a wonderful pie recipe everytime I make it someone raves about it and wants the recipe thats what Im doing today ,getting a copy for my daughter to make for her family!"
"Wonderful, light and tasty. I've made this twice. The first time I made a graham cracker crust w/ coconut and melted butter, the second w/ oreo baking crumbs, coconut and butter. Preferred the chocolate, but both terrific. Our company loved it. A keeper recipe."
"One of my daughter's favorite pies. Comes out great exactly as written."
"When I saw this recipe, I was thrilled. I love almond and chocolate and cherries! It was creamy and sweet, but not too sweet. Like my husband says to me, "They had you at heavy cream!" It was so tasty. I don't like pie crust, so I used a Oreo cookie crust instead. Amazing taste and beautiful enough for company!"
"This pie went over very well. It looked very pretty also. I think it tasted even better the next day. My husband said he thinks he has found a new favorite. I'm sure I'll be making it again."
"I've made this every Christmas since it was published. It has become a "signature" recipe for me. Everyone loves it! And so easy"