Cherry Almond Mousse Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chopped chocolate, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and the chocolate until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- 2. Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Beat in pudding mix and remaining extract. Fold in whipped cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds.
- 3. Pour over pie. Chill 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and, if desired, chopped chocolate. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece (calculated without chopped chocolate) equals 469 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
"My husband demands this pie every Christmas from now on. Delicious!"
"awesome ..a great holiday pie or anytime pie..one of my # 1 and a hit with family and friends"
"This pie is fabulous! I have made this for pot-lucks and family holiday events and it is always a hit. I use the slivered (sliced) almonds and lightly toast them."
"this is a wonderful pie recipe everytime I make it someone raves about it and wants the recipe thats what Im doing today ,getting a copy for my daughter to make for her family!"
"Wonderful, light and tasty. I've made this twice. The first time I made a graham cracker crust w/ coconut and melted butter, the second w/ oreo baking crumbs, coconut and butter. Preferred the chocolate, but both terrific. Our company loved it. A keeper recipe."
"One of my daughter's favorite pies. Comes out great exactly as written."
"Years ago I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine in my Mother's friends house, I knew as soon as I saw it, it was a classic. My family refers to it as Christmas pie, we all love it and they expect it every year."
"Excellent pie! I have been making this pie for years."
"I made this for Christmas and my husband and his family loved it! They said I could actually sell this pie! :) Thanks for the recipe."
"It is my most requested dessert by my daughters. I make this pie every Christmas. It tastes as good as it looks."
"When I saw this recipe, I was thrilled. I love almond and chocolate and cherries! It was creamy and sweet, but not too sweet. Like my husband says to me, "They had you at heavy cream!" It was so tasty. I don't like pie crust, so I used a Oreo Cookie crust instead. Amazing taste and beautiful enough for company!"
"Made this for Christmas dinner and it was delicious. Rich, but definitely worth the calories :) ---and sooo easy."
"This pie went over very well. It looked very pretty also. I think it tasted even better the next day. My husband said he thinks he has found a new favorite. I'm sure I'll be making it again."
"I've made this every Christmas since it was published. It has become a "signature" recipe for me. Everyone loves it! And so easy"
"This pie is sinfully delicious. If you like maraschino cherries and almonds you will love this pie. My coworkers loved it too."
"I make this pie every Christmas. Very showy and everyone loves it. I put real whipping on top, it looks better."