Cherry Almond Mousse Pie Recipe
Christmas is the perfect time to treat your family and guests to a luscious pie with chocolate, cherries and nuts in a creamy vanilla mousse. It's a sweet yet light dessert. —Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and chocolate until the chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- 2. Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Beat in pudding mix and remaining extract. Fold in whipped cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds.
- 3. Pour over pie. Chill 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 469 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC