- raisins, cherries and orange peel. Add enough remaining flour to form
- a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and
- elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and
- let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide into 12 portions. Shape each into a 6-in. x
- 4-in. oval. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Melt
- remaining butter and brush over dough.
- For filling, in a small bowl, crumble almond paste; stir in sugar and
- egg white until smooth. Divide filling into 12 portions; roll each
- into a 5-in. log. Flatten slightly and place off-center on each
- oval. Fold dough over filling; press edges to seal. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush each loaf with butter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until
- golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 mini
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 121 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.