Cherry Almond Ham Glaze
I came across this recipe looking for an alternative to traditional sauces for holiday meats. Mostly, I serve it with holiday ham, and it goes over wellprobably because it is such a change of taste. But the glaze should be fine with almost any meat...and its cheesy color would add a festive touch to the table!
Our life's busy. In addition to being a farm records analyst, my husband's a m
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except almonds and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the almonds.
- About 15 minutes before ham is done, spoon 1/4 to 1/3 cup glaze over
- ham. Repeat if desired.
- Stir water into remaining glaze; heat through and serve with ham.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 cups glaze.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 98 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.