Cherry Almond Ham Glaze Recipe
I came across this recipe looking for an alternative to traditional sauces for holiday meats. Mostly, I serve it with holiday ham, and it goes over well—probably because it is such a change of taste. But the glaze should be fine with almost any meat...and its cheesy color would add a festive touch to the table! Our life's busy. In addition to being a farm records analyst, my husband's a minister. I work out of our home—our girls are 4 and 1—as a hairstylist and Edd's secretary, and teach a morning each week at a Christian preschool.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except almonds and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the almonds.
- 2. About 15 minutes before ham is done, spoon 1/4 to 1/3 cup glaze over ham. Repeat if desired.
- 3. Stir water into remaining glaze; heat through and serve with ham. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups glaze.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 98 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC