Cherry-Almond Drop Scones
This easy treat from Helen Phillips in Eaton, Colorado is studded with dried cherries and crunchy almonds. Pair with a cup of steaming cocoa, coffee or tea for a quick winter warm-up!
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, butter, egg and
- extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- cherries and almonds.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated
- with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 scones.
Nutritional Facts: 1 scone equals 166 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium,