Cherry Almond Cheesecake Recipe
Cherry marbling and topping bring a holiday look to this lovely dessert. Its graham cracker crust includes ground almonds, which give it a crunchy texture. The nutty flavor complements the cream cheese filling nicely.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 squares)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine almonds and cracker crumbs; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- 2. Refrigerate 1/2 cup pie filling for garnish. Drop remaining pie filling by teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the filling. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Cut cheesecake into slices; garnish with reserved pie filling. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 337 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC