If you want to impress guests with homemade bread but are short on time, reach for this recipe.—Darcy Hebert, Argyle, Minnesota
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Additional slivered almonds and maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in extract. Fold in almonds and cherries; set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls on an ungreased baking sheet; overlap long sides to make at 12-in. square. Press perforations to seal. Spread the cream cheese mixture down center third of square to within 1 in. of top and bottom; fold top and bottom edge over filling. Bring long sides over filling and overlap. Pinch seam to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top of loaf. Garnish with almonds and cherries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Almond Braid in Country Woman November/December 1996, p35
Reviews for Cherry Almond Braid
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review