Cherry Almond Bars Recipe
“A sweet Japanese lady I used to work for gave me this recipe. It is so easy and so festive-looking - and delicious,” writes Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green maraschino cherries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Sprinkle with raisins, cherries and almonds; drizzle with milk. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC