“A sweet Japanese lady I used to work for gave me this recipe. It is so easy and so festive-looking - and delicious,” writes Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green maraschino cherries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with raisins, cherries and almonds; drizzle with milk. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Almond Bars in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p50
Reviews for Cherry Almond Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review