Cherry Almond Bark
Chock-full of colorful cherries and almonds, this fast-to-fix candy is a Christmas tradition at Rita Goshaw's home in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin. "It's one of my family's favorite munchies while decorating the tree and wrapping presents, she comments.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt coating, stir until smooth. Add
- cherries and almonds. Spread onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until firm. Break into pieces. Yield: about 1 pound.
Editor's Note: White confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bar" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 201 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.