Cherry-Almond Balls Recipe
I have included this treat in my Christmas baking for years, much to the delight of my family. Instead of almonds, I'll sometimes use pecans, and they're equally loved. —Ada Rost, Hernando, Florida
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 60 red and/or green candied cherries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- 2. Roll 1 teaspoon of dough around each cherry. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 5 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC