I have included this treat in my Christmas baking for years, much to the delight of my family. Instead of almonds, I'll sometimes use pecans, and they're equally loved. —Ada Rost, Hernando, Florida
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 60 red and/or green candied cherries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture
- and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough around each cherry. Place on greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool slightly; roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 5 dozen.