- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 60 red and/or green candied cherries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough around each cherry. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry-Almond Balls
Sort By :
"Can these be made ahead and frozen?"
"this recipe is nearly identical to my husbands favorite Christmas treat from my 1961 Betty Crocker cook book that was a wedding gift, recipe called Russian teacakes"
"I have made this for many years. It was one of my Mothers favorites. We call it Sugar Plum Surprizes."