Cherry & Spice Rice Pudding Recipe
I live in Traverse City, the Cherry Capital of the World, and what better way to celebrate our wonderful orchards than by using plump, tart dried cherries in my favorite desserts? This slow-cooked rice pudding recipe always turns out wonderful. —Deb Perry, Traverse City, Michigan
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, evaporated milk, milk, sugar and water. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until mixture is thickened. Stir lightly before serving. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 193 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cherry & Spice Rice Pudding
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC