Tart dried cherries and sweet macadamia nuts make an unbeatable combo. Plus, the cherries add a pop of color for the holidays.—Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flours; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and nuts.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on pans 10 minutes.
- Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Roll slightly cooled cookies in sugar; return cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cookies in sugar again just before serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry & Macadamia Nut Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Cherry & Macadamia Nut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2016
"My husband liked these cookies as a change to traditional teacakes. They turned out perfect and tasted amazing. Thanks!"