- 15 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted and quartered, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cherry liqueur, optional
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter; process until blended. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Carefully spread hot fudge topping over bottom of crust. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine ice cream and 1 cup cherries; spread over hot fudge. Freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine water, sugar, cranberry juice concentrate and cornstarch; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining cherries. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened and cherries are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; if desired, stir in liqueur. Cool completely.
- Remove pie from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry & Chocolate Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p68
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry & Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2016
"I have never seen frozen cranberry juice concentrate. what can I use as a substitute?"