Cherry & Almond Crispy Squares
This grown-up version of a kiddie favorite will please the whole family. Everyone will agree it's delicious! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups salted roasted almonds, divided
- 1-1/2 cups dried cherries, divided
- In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over
- medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- Stir in the cereal, 1 cup almonds and 1 cup cherries.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Sprinkle with remaining
- almonds and cherries; gently press onto cereal mixture. Cool. Cut
- into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 square equals 205 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.