Cherry & Almond Crispy Squares Recipe
This grown-up version of a kiddie favorite will please the whole family. Everyone will agree it's delicious! - Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups salted roasted almonds, divided
- 1-1/2 cups dried cherries, divided
- In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Stir in the cereal, 1 cup almonds and 1 cup cherries.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and cherries; gently press onto cereal mixture. Cool. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry & Almond Crispy Squares in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p51
Reviews for Cherry & Almond Crispy Squares(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2010
These are a delicious and easy dessert. Mine were a bit crumbly.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cherry Crisp >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >