- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, form meringue into a 9-in. circle, building up edges slightly.
- Bake at 275° for 1-1/2 hours. Turn oven off and do not open door; leave meringue in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream until mixture is well blended. To serve, place meringue on a serving platter; fill with cream cheese mixture and top with pie filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cherries on a Cloud
Sort By :
This was very impressive-looking but fairly easy to make. I made it for Valentine's Day so I shaped the meringue base into a heart. I know other reviewers have complained that the base had a lack of taste or got hard. I didnt' have that problem at all. Everyone who tried it paid me complements.
i'm not gonna make this either for the same reason as the mullenhour. the merangue was hard! i brought it to a bbq and was mortified!
This recipe was awful! The "cloud" part was stiff and lacked flavor. Made it for an anniversary, and was very disappointed.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >