Cherries in the Snow Recipe
- 6 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice and sugar substitute. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; add bean and seeds to milk mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Transfer to a small bowl; discard vanilla bean. Stir in the cherries, rum and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Fold in whipped topping before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 248 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Cherries in the Snow
"I will try again only because I liked the taste. The rice did not cook to a creamy texture. It was chewy."
"As a cancer survivor, I would not use any sugar substitute except for natural ones. Looks real good with just a little regular sugar."
"Personally I prefer to use small amounts of sugar, not sugar substitute, which is unhealthy and tastes bad."
"I'm curious that you talk in the preamble of rum soaked cherries. Where are they? You added rum to the whole recipe. Very different"