Cherries in the Snow Recipe
- 6 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice and sugar substitute. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; add bean and seeds to milk mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a small bowl; discard vanilla bean. Stir in the cherries, rum and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Fold in whipped topping before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cherries in the Snow(6)
Sort By :
I will try again only because I liked the taste. The rice did not cook to a creamy texture. It was chewy.
If you can cook, you can review and rate any recipe just as you do every book you decide to read or not. As a cancer survivor, I would not use any sugar substitute except for natural ones. Looks real good with just a little regular sugar.
I'm with anyone who looks at this and says, " No!".There are many recipes that are diet friendly health and weight wise that are delicious. I know this is, but not low in calories. Personally I use small amounts of sugar, not sugar substitute, which is unhealthy and tastes bad.
Easy and delicious! And to "vieux" and "amweikert" - how can you rate something that you haven't even tried??? Amweikert - if a recipe has too many carbs, then don't make it...geez! You can't "review and rate" if you haven't made it.
I'm curious that you talk in the preamble of rum soaked cherries. Where are they? You added rum to the whole recipe. Very different