Chef's Salad Recipe
"AT the restaurant, we always made three dressings to go with this salad...blue cheese, French and Thousand Island. At home, I had to serve all three dressings, too, because everyone had their favorite. Sometimes the kids would use a tablespoon of each."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained, optional
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, sweet pickle relish and chopped onion
- Dash garlic salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, beans if desired, onion, radishes, cucumber and tomato. Arrange ham and cheese on top. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; stir until well blended. Chill for 1 hour. Serve with the salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC