Although I no longer have a garden of my own, friend and neighbors keep me amply supplied with squash. As a thank-you, I tell them how to make this refreshing zucchini saute. It's quick, easy and oh, so tasty!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the zucchini, basil, salt and garlic powder. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and olives.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Zucchini Saute in Country Woman September/October 2000, p29
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review