Cheesy Zucchini Saute Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the zucchini, basil, salt and garlic powder. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and olives.
- 2. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 157 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Saute
"Love to make this when the basil and zucchini are fresh from the garden."
"Made this dish this evening to go with tilapia for dinner. We thought it was FANTASTIC! Made it exactly as the recipe directed except in larger amounts. Very easy, flavorful, and fast which makes it a perfect side for fish. Will make this often due to its healthy content. Five stars for sure."
"I make this recipe one or two times a week during the summer! My son loves his zucchini and he especially loves this recipe!"
"The basil is wonderful in this! Loved it!!"