Cheesy Zucchini Rounds Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place zucchini on a microwave-safe plate; sprinkle with basil and onion powder. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until hot. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, bacon and Parmesan cheese; microwave on high for 20-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 71 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Rounds
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.